- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
“Senator McCaskill’s reporting violations are massive and ongoing — and they have taken five years to come to light,” Lloyd Smith, executive director of the Missouri Republican Party wrote in the complaint.
Missouri Republicans have been hammering McCaskill on ethics issues since it was revealed this spring that she had failed to pay property taxes on an airplane that she owns and had paid for some flights with taxpayer money.
“Clearly the Missouri Republican Party is making desperate accusations about Claire in a sad attempt to diffuse a decade’s worth of possible ethical violations that Congressman Todd Akin was forced to amend on reports after being caught by a his hometown newspaper,” said Caitlin Legacki, a spokeswoman for the Missouri Democratic Party.
Akin faces former Missouri Treasurer Sarah Steelman in the Republican primary to take on vulnerable McCaskill.