- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Sen. Daniel Akaka broke two ribs in a fall Monday at his residence in Alexandria, Va., spokesman Jesse Broder Van Dyke said Thursday.
The spokesman described the 86-year-old Hawaii Democrat’s fall as a minor accident, but it prevented the Indian Affairs chairman from overseeing a hearing Thursday. Akaka plans to return to work on Capitol Hill next week, possibly as soon as Monday.
Broder Van Dyke did not provide further details, and Akaka’s office does not plan to release a statement.