- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Sen. Daniel Akaka broke two ribs in a fall Monday at his residence in Alexandria, Va., spokesman Jesse Broder Van Dyke said Thursday.
The spokesman described the 86-year-old Hawaii Democrat’s fall as a minor accident, but it prevented the Indian Affairs chairman from overseeing a hearing Thursday. Akaka plans to return to work on Capitol Hill next week, possibly as soon as Monday.
Broder Van Dyke did not provide further details, and Akaka’s office does not plan to release a statement.