- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
The next step after the board starts work will be to sort out grants and try to attract money from other sources. Edwards of the biotechnology industry said that if the foundation is successful, the next fight might be to make sure Congress does not see that success as a reason to reduce the federal share.
“Agriculture research is so underfunded that we need all funds,” he said. The foundation “cannot be a replacement for those funds. It needs to be in addition to those funds.”