- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
The next step after the board starts work will be to sort out grants and try to attract money from other sources. Edwards of the biotechnology industry said that if the foundation is successful, the next fight might be to make sure Congress does not see that success as a reason to reduce the federal share.
“Agriculture research is so underfunded that we need all funds,” he said. The foundation “cannot be a replacement for those funds. It needs to be in addition to those funds.”