- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Brodnitz said Republicans appear to him to have put too much stock in voter enthusiasm and national polls, which suggested that Romney and GOP candidates down ticket would perform better. He also said that they might have read too much into the massive crowds Romney was attracting to his campaign rallies in October.
“If you’re going to tell the story of this election, name of the story would be the case of the wrong metrics. Republicans were using wrong metrics to try and determine what was going on this year,” he said. “If Democrats did a better job than Republicans this time, it’s because Democrats were being more objective about what was going on.”
Kyle Trygstad contributed to this report.