- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Dovetailing with those provisions, much of Greenwood-Basken’s work focuses on reducing Afghan women’s unusually high rate of death during childbirth. Methods for changing this include improving access to voluntary contraception and training midwives, but also include convincing the powers that be to take notice.
“It means trying to bring attention to these issues and trying to bring some political will in U.S. leadership to address them,” she said.