- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Dovetailing with those provisions, much of Greenwood-Basken’s work focuses on reducing Afghan women’s unusually high rate of death during childbirth. Methods for changing this include improving access to voluntary contraception and training midwives, but also include convincing the powers that be to take notice.
“It means trying to bring attention to these issues and trying to bring some political will in U.S. leadership to address them,” she said.