- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
Groups defending the Citizens United ruling are also having a busy week. Brad Smith, chairman of the Center for Competitive Politics, has several media appearances lined up. Smith said the amendments on the table would jeopardize the constitutional rights of the very reform advocates behind them. On the whole, he argued, the Citizens United ruling has had a positive effect:
“There’s been more competition, higher voter turnout, more interest in the campaign ... and more issue-oriented campaigns than we’ve seen in the past,” Smith said.