- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Groups defending the Citizens United ruling are also having a busy week. Brad Smith, chairman of the Center for Competitive Politics, has several media appearances lined up. Smith said the amendments on the table would jeopardize the constitutional rights of the very reform advocates behind them. On the whole, he argued, the Citizens United ruling has had a positive effect:
“There’s been more competition, higher voter turnout, more interest in the campaign ... and more issue-oriented campaigns than we’ve seen in the past,” Smith said.