- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Groups defending the Citizens United ruling are also having a busy week. Brad Smith, chairman of the Center for Competitive Politics, has several media appearances lined up. Smith said the amendments on the table would jeopardize the constitutional rights of the very reform advocates behind them. On the whole, he argued, the Citizens United ruling has had a positive effect:
“There’s been more competition, higher voter turnout, more interest in the campaign ... and more issue-oriented campaigns than we’ve seen in the past,” Smith said.