- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
“It’s always rough because other things always overshadow it, which they shouldn’t,” he said Tuesday. “I think it’s better than it has been because the Chamber of Commerce has sort of backed off a little bit. They literally killed it last year, single-handedly killed it.”
Rockefeller said the plan by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., is still for each committee to produce legislation that can be joined into one.
Rockefeller’s own committee approved legislation (S 1353) in July that would codify NIST’s role in the executive order and seek to bolster cybersecurity research and development and education. And he said senators shouldn’t let concerns about the Snowden leaks influence the need to act on cybersecurity.
“You can’t take that attitude,” he said. “It’s much bigger than that.”