- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
The ABA knows “that they’re on the short end of the stick constitutionally when they’re doing that, and it’s not likely to pass muster,” Marlowe said.
Even so, Marlowe said, the league’s working group will develop a “clear line in the sand” to guide permissible campaign activity.
“It’s not just lobbyists who are the problem,” he added. “We’re part of a system. It’s the Members of Congress who are asking lobbyists to give.”
The league’s working group is scheduled to report its findings to the organization’s board in September.