- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
The ABA knows “that they’re on the short end of the stick constitutionally when they’re doing that, and it’s not likely to pass muster,” Marlowe said.
Even so, Marlowe said, the league’s working group will develop a “clear line in the sand” to guide permissible campaign activity.
“It’s not just lobbyists who are the problem,” he added. “We’re part of a system. It’s the Members of Congress who are asking lobbyists to give.”
The league’s working group is scheduled to report its findings to the organization’s board in September.