- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
The ABA knows “that they’re on the short end of the stick constitutionally when they’re doing that, and it’s not likely to pass muster,” Marlowe said.
Even so, Marlowe said, the league’s working group will develop a “clear line in the sand” to guide permissible campaign activity.
“It’s not just lobbyists who are the problem,” he added. “We’re part of a system. It’s the Members of Congress who are asking lobbyists to give.”
The league’s working group is scheduled to report its findings to the organization’s board in September.