- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Harkin’s efforts have paid off in the restoration, albeit perhaps only temporarily, of low-sodium soups to the Senate dining rotation. The HELP committee aide said the alternative soup roster — including black bean, French onion, potato-leek, basil-tomato bisque and Italian wedding — has been served out of the Dirksen Coffee Bar since mid-March, adding that Restaurant Associates would be monitoring their sales before making a final determination on whether to expand, or even retain, their availability.
Malecki declined to comment on the future of the low-sodium soups, confirming only that they had, in fact, been added to the coffee shop carte.
And, for the record, it’s been our experience that the House’s version of bean soup — buttery stock chock full of tender navy beans, savory onions and chunks of luscious pork (coarsely chopped, fat-ringed swine) — is superior to what gets ladled out in the Senate.
So they’ve got that going for them.