- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Democrat William Tong raised $550,000 in the second quarter of the year for his Connecticut Senate bid, according to his campaign.
Tong, a state Representative, ended June with $500,000 on hand. He noted in a press release that he had only been an official candidate for 53 days of the quarter.
In the Democratic primary to replace retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman (I), Tong faces Susan Bysiewicz, the former Connecticut secretary of state, and three-term Rep. Christopher Murphy.
Murphy’s campaign manager, Kenny Curran, told Roll Call the campaign would likely release quarterly fundraising numbers later this week.
Bysiewicz’s campaign manager told the Hartford Courant that the campaign would release their fundraising numbers when the Federal Election Commission makes them public later this month.
Roll Call rates the Connecticut Senate race Leans Democratic.