- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Tuxedo Park Mayor Tom Wilson announced a campaign for New York's 19th district today, giving Rep. Nan Hayworth (R) her third Democratic challenger. She'll face the winner of a primary between Wilson, Dr. Richard Becker and Wappingers Falls Mayor Matt Alexander.
“In these tough economic times, it's outrageous that so many in Washington are more interested in bickering and naysaying than doing what's right," Wilson said in a statement.
Hayworth, a freshman, is considered a top target by national Democrats. But with redistricting unfinished in New York, Hayworth's solid fundraising in the third quarter (she has yet to file her fourth-quarter numbers with the Federal Election Commission) and no clear frontrunner in the Democratic fight to take her on, just how competitive this race will be remains unclear.
Her office had no comment on Wilson's announcement.