- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Former Ohio state Sen. Kevin Coughlin (R) has ended his bid for Senate, giving state Treasurer Josh Mandel a clear path to the GOP nomination to take on Sen. Sherrod Brown (D) next fall.
According to a Federal Election Commission report, Coughlin terminated his campaign on Oct. 14. The news was first reported by Politico.
With a significant war chest, Mandel is favored by insiders to get the Republican nomination. Mandel raised a very comfortable $1.5 million in the third quarter compared to Brown's $1.25 million. Mandel had $3.3 million in the bank as of Sept. 30 and Brown had $4.2 million in cash on hand.
Mandel is in Washington, D.C., today for a fundraiser.
Roll Call Politics rates the Ohio Senate race Leans Democratic.