- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
FBI Director Robert Mueller is scheduled to meet Thursday on Capitol Hill with Sen. Rand Paul regarding questions posed by the Kentucky Republican, who has put a hold on a two-year extension of Mueller’s term.
A Paul aide familiar with the matter said the meeting was intended as a forum for Mueller to respond to questions that Paul wants answered before he will release his hold. Paul previously sent Mueller a letter with questions on issues such as the USA PATRIOT Act, abortion-rights groups and a Kentucky-based terrorism case.
Mueller's term is due to expire within the first few days of August. The Paul aide indicated that the Senator's intent is not to block the extension, but to obtain the information he requested in the letter. Thursday's meeting could make progress toward allowing what is likely to be an easy confirmation vote in Mueller's favor.
President George W. Bush first appointed Mueller in 2001.