- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
“What is the Democrats’ response to this?” the Utah Republican said. “‘All is well. Nothing to see here. Please move along.’”
Hatch said that while the Democratic attacks “might make for good politics, they are terrible for the country.”
Democrats defended their decision not to offer a budget of their own.
Senate Budget Chairman Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) said it did not make sense for the Democrats to offer their own budget while the Biden talks are ongoing.
Those negotiations can actually lead to a final result, he said.
“We don’t need a Democratic budget, a Republican budget — we need an American budget,” Conrad said. “The only possibility for us to make progress is a bipartisan budget.”