- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“What is the Democrats’ response to this?” the Utah Republican said. “‘All is well. Nothing to see here. Please move along.’”
Hatch said that while the Democratic attacks “might make for good politics, they are terrible for the country.”
Democrats defended their decision not to offer a budget of their own.
Senate Budget Chairman Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) said it did not make sense for the Democrats to offer their own budget while the Biden talks are ongoing.
Those negotiations can actually lead to a final result, he said.
“We don’t need a Democratic budget, a Republican budget — we need an American budget,” Conrad said. “The only possibility for us to make progress is a bipartisan budget.”