- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
A proposal from Sen. David Vitter (R-La.), which was defeated 44-54, would have increased oil and gas development by allowing the sale of leases throughout the Outer Continental Shelf, including off the coasts of Florida, California and Virginia.
The Senate also voted 66-31 to waive a budget point of order against the bill raised by Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), and the chamber approved by voice vote an amendment from Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) that would authorize special measures against foreign jurisdictions, financial institutions, and others that significantly impede United States tax enforcement.