- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Majority Leader Harry Reid prepare to convene a special bipartisan caucus Senate meeting in the Old Senate Chamber in 2007. The room is infrequently used for occasions such as Monday’s meeting to air each side’s concerns about the use of the filibuster and whether to change Senate rules to break impasses on nominations.