- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney continued his streak of endorsement collections this morning, scooping up the backing of a Senator, a Member of Congress and former Speaker Dennis Hastert for his presidential bid.
"During my years in the House, I was an advocate for balanced budgets and low taxes," Hastert said in a statement. "Mitt Romney stands up for these principles. President Obama has failed to get millions of unemployed Americans back to work. From his success in the private sector, Mitt Romney understands how to create jobs and turn around this economy. At this critical moment, our country needs his leadership in the White House."
The Members' support and Hastert's blessing comes after Romney on Tuesday earned a nod from New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a former Member of House GOP leadership, is in charge of Romney's efforts to win support from Members.