- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Cornyn said Republicans and a handful of Democrats are pushing to “lower the rates and broaden the base. That would make our tax system more logical, more efficient and more conducive to strong economic growth.”
But he faulted Obama for failing to show leadership on the issue.
"Republicans have made clear our position: We're eager to prevent the largest tax increase in American history, and we don't see any reason for delay. We sincerely hope the president will work with us to save jobs, protect family incomes, and strengthen the economy,” he said.