- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
The Ethics Committee’s July 1 statement was triggered by a disclosure element in the OCE investigation process.
If the office refers a matter to the Ethics Committee with a recommendation for further review, the committee must release the findings of the OCE report after 45 days or issue a public statement that it is extending consideration of the matter for another 45-day period.
The committee has until Aug. 16 to announce whether it will proceed with formal investigations of Schmidt and Meeks. The OCE reports on the lawmakers will be released to the public at that point unless an investigative subcommittee is formed to consider the matters under consideration.comments powered by Disqus