- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
- Voting-Rights Advocates Get Win at Supreme Court
The Ethics Committee’s July 1 statement was triggered by a disclosure element in the OCE investigation process.
If the office refers a matter to the Ethics Committee with a recommendation for further review, the committee must release the findings of the OCE report after 45 days or issue a public statement that it is extending consideration of the matter for another 45-day period.
The committee has until Aug. 16 to announce whether it will proceed with formal investigations of Schmidt and Meeks. The OCE reports on the lawmakers will be released to the public at that point unless an investigative subcommittee is formed to consider the matters under consideration.comments powered by Disqus