- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“Given that it was fully PAYGO compliant and in fact in the end will lead to over $400 million in deficit reduction we do not believe that subjecting the two programs to sequester is proper or consistent with the precedent set by similar health and compensation programs provided to injured workers,” the lawmakers wrote.
Other measures with similar funding laws could also seek exemptions, meaning that the percentage reduction in other programs would need to increase to make the math work.
“Our 9/11 heroes who answered the call of duty should be treated with the same dignity as our veterans,” Gillibrand said. “Just as we have come together as Democrats and Republicans to fight for our heroes, I urge our colleagues to do the same and work towards a balanced approach that keeps struggling families from sacrificing the most.”comments powered by Disqus