- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
After a failed bid for the White House, Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann said she will run for a fourth term in Congress this year.
"I'm looking forward to coming back and bringing a strong, powerful voice to Washington, D.C.," the conservative Republican said in an interview with the Associated Press.
Depending on the final map — Congressional redistricting in Minnesota still remains uncertain — Bachmann will likely have a good shot at joining the 113th Congress.
Bachmann surged early in the fight for the GOP presidential nomination, winning the Ames straw poll in Iowa, an early metric of organizing power. But she lost traction as the race moved toward the Iowa caucuses earlier this month, and she finished sixth there.