- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
New Mexico Rep. Martin Heinrich announced raising $485,000 for his Senate campaign in the second quarter, bringing his cash-on-hand total to just more than $700,000 as of June 30.
Heinrich is facing state Auditor Hector Balderas in a competitive Democratic primary. Balderas announced earlier Tuesday that he raised $400,000 from late April, when he announced his campaign, through the June 30 deadline. Balderas had $370,000 on hand at the end of last month.
The Heinrich campaign said his second-quarter haul came from 2,200 individual contributions, with $72,000 raised online.
“The working class values I was raised with are what drive me to work hard every day on behalf of the people of our great state, and I will continue my efforts to build the largest grassroots campaign New Mexico has ever seen,” Heinrich said in a statement.