- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
House Homeland Security Chairman Peter King came out strongly in favor of the expected announcement that President Barack Obama will on Wednesday morning nominate Leon Panetta as secretary of Defense and Gen. David Petraeus as CIA director. While much of Capitol Hill remained mum Wednesday morning, the New York Republican said he will "strongly support" the planned nominations, citing the men's roles in fighting against al-Qaida.
Panetta is currently serving as director of the CIA. The offices of Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) declined to comment before the news was official. Panetta and Petraeus will have to be approved by the Senate before officially taking their positions.