- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
When asked what his biggest hurdle would be in making the transition from public sector to a top-tier K Streeter, Pawlenty quipped: "Finding an affordable place to live." But, he added, more seriously: "Delving into the financial services industry will require some ramp-up time."
Pawlenty said Bartlett, during his 12 years at the helm of the group, had done a remarkable job and that he was eager to build on what he had done.
"We have a lot of work to do," Pawlenty said of his new assignment. "But also a lot of opportunities."
Bartlett, who hailed the selection of Pawlenty, was coy about his next step. But he said he planned to announce a new career in January.
"It will be significant," the one-time mayor of Dallas said.