- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) raised $516,000 in the second quarter and had $1.3 million in cash on hand at the end of June, a source familiar with his campaign confirmed to Roll Call on Tuesday.
Manchin substantially increased his war chest from the end of the first quarter, when he showed $861,000 in cash on hand.
Manchin, then the popular governor of the Mountain State, won the 2010 special election to fill the remainder of the late Sen. Robert Byrd’s (D) term. He beat businessman John Raese by just more than 10 points.
Roll Call Politics rates the 2012 West Virginia Senate race Leans Democratic.