- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) raised $516,000 in the second quarter and had $1.3 million in cash on hand at the end of June, a source familiar with his campaign confirmed to Roll Call on Tuesday.
Manchin substantially increased his war chest from the end of the first quarter, when he showed $861,000 in cash on hand.
Manchin, then the popular governor of the Mountain State, won the 2010 special election to fill the remainder of the late Sen. Robert Byrd’s (D) term. He beat businessman John Raese by just more than 10 points.
Roll Call Politics rates the 2012 West Virginia Senate race Leans Democratic.