- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. — Two more Members of Congress are lining up behind Los Angeles City Councilwoman Janice Hahn in the special election race for the 36th district.
As she rolls out big-name endorsements, Hahn and her Democratic opponent, California Secretary of State Debra Bowen, are also reaching out to build grass-roots support in what will be an abbreviated primary process.
Both spoke Wednesday night to two dozen members of the Beach Cities Democratic Club, which is composed of activists from Hermosa, Redondo and Manhattan beaches.
Hahn, Bowen and Republican Mike Webb remain the only announced candidates. They will face off in the state’s first Congressional top-two primary, in which the two highest finishers advance to the general election regardless of party.
For more from our At the Races politics blog, click here.