- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wis.) has yet to determine whether he will run for re-election in 2012 but plans to make a decision later this year, his spokeswoman Dawn Schueller confirmed Wednesday morning.
Kohl, 76, recently deposited $1 million in personal funds into his campaign account, which was viewed as a sign that the multimillionaire Senator would stand for a fifth term given that that he always self-finances his races and engages in no outside fundraising. Kohl owns the Milwaukee Bucks, an NBA franchise, among other business interests.
But recent news reports have cast doubt on Kohl’s commitment to running next year, and Schueller said that no decision has been made.
“Sen. Kohl will announce his decision later this year,” she said. “Right now, he is focused entirely on doing his job and working hard to represent the people of Wisconsin.”
Roll Call Politics rates this race Leans Democratic.