- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
We cannot allow self-serving corporations — let alone their front groups — to just slap a “jobs creation” sticker on legislation that has absolutely nothing to do with jobs, in order to finally check off items on their wish list. There is a difference between providing incentives to employers to hire more workers and giving handouts to corporations that simply want to skirt the law and avoid accountability. While we doubt the chamber will ever learn the difference, we certainly hope lawmakers will.
Gary M. Paul is president of the American Association for Justice, formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.