- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
We cannot allow self-serving corporations — let alone their front groups — to just slap a “jobs creation” sticker on legislation that has absolutely nothing to do with jobs, in order to finally check off items on their wish list. There is a difference between providing incentives to employers to hire more workers and giving handouts to corporations that simply want to skirt the law and avoid accountability. While we doubt the chamber will ever learn the difference, we certainly hope lawmakers will.
Gary M. Paul is president of the American Association for Justice, formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.