- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
But others said the president erred by allowing the birth certificate controversy to build to a point where he felt it was necessary to address it personally, particularly considering he had the documentation to quash the issue long ago. One Republican operative noted that Obama stepped all over his administration’s unveiling of a new national security team.
Republican media consultant Fred Davis said that how long it lingers “totally depends on the validity of the birth certificate.”
Davis added: “Like Ricky Ricardo, he’s got a lot of [explaining] to do on why the multi-year delay.”