- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
A case of itchy feet caused a minor anthrax scare in Hart Senate Office Building on Wednesday.
Capitol Police were called to check out white powder on the floor of a women's bathroom next to Sen. Kent Conrad's office.
Staffers in the North Dakota Democrat's office were told to stay put while officers checked out the suspicious substance.
"We had to stay in our office in case we tracked it other places," one staffer said.
But the situation was quickly diffused when police discovered the powder was not anthrax at all. It was foot powder.
"Somebody used the restroom, and I guess they left the powder," the staffer said.