- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
A case of itchy feet caused a minor anthrax scare in Hart Senate Office Building on Wednesday.
Capitol Police were called to check out white powder on the floor of a women's bathroom next to Sen. Kent Conrad's office.
Staffers in the North Dakota Democrat's office were told to stay put while officers checked out the suspicious substance.
"We had to stay in our office in case we tracked it other places," one staffer said.
But the situation was quickly diffused when police discovered the powder was not anthrax at all. It was foot powder.
"Somebody used the restroom, and I guess they left the powder," the staffer said.