- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The CPA spent a whopping $222,000 on Kinzinger’s behalf late in the race. The six-figure sum is more cash than the controversial, Texas-based super PAC has spent in any other race this cycle.
The super PAC spent at least $75,000 on television ads and $18,000 on radio spots knocking Manzullo and pumping Kinzinger, according to FEC records. Online reports show it also unloaded at least $104,700 in direct mail on the race through postcards and other pieces.
Manzullo lost the primary to Kinzinger by 12 points.
Shira Toeplitz contributed to this report.