- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The event was held at the Ritz-Carlton in downtown Denver. Attendees paid $1,000 per person or $5,000 per couple. Individuals paying $5,000 could have dinner at Elway’s restaurant in the hotel following the reception.
According to the Center for Responsive Politics, BP’s campaign contributions dropped considerably in the 2010 cycle, but the company did continue to donate about evenly between Democrats and Republicans. BP gave Rehberg $1,000 last cycle.
The company’s largest donation to a Republican last cycle was $10,000 to Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski. Its largest donations to Democrats were $4,000 to now-former Arkansas Sen. Blanche Lincoln and $3,000 to New York Rep. Charlie Rangel.