- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Rep. Phil Roe (Tenn.), a physician and leader of a 21-member group of House Republican health care professionals, said Issa is consulting with health care experts and other committees in his effort to sideline the IRS rule. Issa invited Roe, who is chairman of the Education and Workforce Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor and Pensions, to sit in on an August hearing on the issue.
“O and I is a good place to do this. The scope of the committee is oversight,” said Roe, who also predicted that the House will take up the disapproval resolution if Obama wins re-election, but not if Romney wins.
Melissa Attias contributed to this report.
Correction: Nov. 2, 2012, 3:25 p.m.
An earlier version of this article had an incorrect photo cutline. The photo shows Rep. Darrell Issa and an aide.