- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Though McConnell was asked specifically about Senate passage, his comments may be right on target regarding the ability of the bill to get through the House and to the president's desk.
Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said today in a televised interview with the Atlantic that he is concerned that the bill could start a trade war.
He also said that he believes President Barack Obama agrees with him but cannot publicly oppose it for fear of upsetting his base.
"The House won't pass this bill and the president wouldn't sign it," a GOP aide said. "So [McConnell's] right; it's got no chance of passing into law."