- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
Rep. Connie Mack IV, the early frontrunner for the GOP Senate nod in Florida, raked in $758,000 in the fourth quarter of last year.
In a memo to supporters, campaign manager Jeff Cohen said the Mack campaign had well exceeded its half-million dollar fundraising goal since the Congressman announced his bid for higher office on Nov. 28. When combined with the money in Mack's House campaign account, his Senate campaign ended December with $918,000 in cash on hand.
In the GOP primary to take on two-term Sen. Bill Nelson (D), Mack faces former Sen. George LeMieux, former state House Majority Leader Adam Hasner, former Ruth’s Chris CEO Craig Miller and retired Army Col. Mike McCalister.
Recent polls have shown Mack with a comfortable lead over his Republican opponents. Roll Call rates the Florida Senate race as Leans Democratic.