- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Compare that to the monkey lab, in which seven to 10 trainees crowd around a single animal and observe as the attending veterinarian performs the majority of the procedures.
There is no justification for continuing this cruel and unusual use of monkeys — animals who we know experience pain, suffering, familial bonds and friendship. Congress must push the Army to move toward superior methods to end this inhumane practice and ensure that troops receive the best training available.
Dr. John Pippin is the director of academic affairs with the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.