- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
The Club for Growth endorsed Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel’s (R) nascent campaign against Sen. Sherrod Brown (D) on Tuesday.
“The Club for Growth PAC proudly endorses Josh Mandel for the United States Senate,” club President Chris Chocola said in a statement. “Josh Mandel represents a bright future for Ohio and will be a pro-growth star if elected. Sherrod Brown has been a disaster for Ohio.”
The club’s backing marks Mandel’s second endorsement from a conservative group this week. Sen. Jim DeMint’s (R-S.C.) organization, Senate Conservatives Fund, announced its endorsement of Mandel on Monday.
Mandel filed paperwork to run for Senate but has not formally announced a campaign yet. Former state Sen. Kevin Coughlin (R) has also indicated he will run for the seat.