- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
A conservative group is interjecting itself into the budget fight by reviving a viral television ad from last year.
Citizens Against Government Waste, a conservative 501(c)(3) organization, is spending millions of dollars airing an ad, set in the future, featuring a Chinese professor lecturing students about why great nations fail.
He describes the supposed demise of the United States and its taxing, spending and debt with the tag line “so now they work for us” — prompting laughter from the hall of students.
The ad, which the CAGW debuted in late October of last year, is slated to run for two weeks on CNN, Fox News, Headline, CNBC, the Weather Channel and AMC across the country, coupled with broadcast television in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
The ad is approaching 1.6 million views on the CAGW’s YouTube channel.
Watch the ad: