- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
"That statement is almost as out-of-touch with political reality as the Democrats' decision to put most of their vulnerable 2012 Senators on record last night supporting a massive tax increase on job creators at a time when we're facing 9 percent unemployment," said Brian Walsh, a spokesman for the National Republican Senatorial Committee. "Republicans can only hope that the Democrat rank and file actually buys into this over-the-top rhetoric and tone-deaf legislative strategy by their fearless liberal leaders like Sen. Schumer."