- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) announced Tuesday that former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina will serve as vice chairwoman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.
“I’m pleased to welcome my friend Carly Fiorina to the NRSC team, where her many business and civic achievements will make her an invaluable leader and fundraiser during this critical election cycle,” Cornyn, the NRSC chairman, said in a press release.
Republicans will likely use Fiorina’s connections with wealthy West Coast donors to boost their coffers in the coming cycle.
But the California businesswoman is not a stranger to Senate races. She challenged Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) unsuccessfully last year. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) also had Fiorina serve as the Republican Victory chairwoman for his presidential run in 2008.
Fiorina will serve alongside Cornyn and NRSC Vice Chairman Orrin Hatch (Utah), the committee said.