- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
In 2009, appropriators balked at the rising cost estimates for replacing the Capitol Police’s aging radio system and questioned whether department officials had done their homework. The radios have not yet been replaced, with Morse recently saying they should be ready early next year.
In 2010, lawmakers threatened to strip the Capitol Police of the authority to manage its own finances after payroll miscalculations revealed a multimillion-dollar budget shortfall.
In 2008, Morse received considerable criticism for his leadership style from officers participating in a union-commissioned survey.
“We’ve had our disagreements, but personally, I like him, and I wish him the best,” Konczos said.