- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
A tourist takes a photo in the Capitol Rotunda on Thursday, under the watchful gaze of John Trumbull’s “General George Washington Resigning His Commission.” The painting depicts the scene in the Maryland State House in Annapolis on Dec. 23, 1783, when Washington resigned his commission as commander in chief of the Continental Army, a crucial moment in establishing civilian authority in the new nation.