- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
A tourist takes a photo in the Capitol Rotunda on Thursday, under the watchful gaze of John Trumbull’s “General George Washington Resigning His Commission.” The painting depicts the scene in the Maryland State House in Annapolis on Dec. 23, 1783, when Washington resigned his commission as commander in chief of the Continental Army, a crucial moment in establishing civilian authority in the new nation.