- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
A tourist takes a photo in the Capitol Rotunda on Thursday, under the watchful gaze of John Trumbull’s “General George Washington Resigning His Commission.” The painting depicts the scene in the Maryland State House in Annapolis on Dec. 23, 1783, when Washington resigned his commission as commander in chief of the Continental Army, a crucial moment in establishing civilian authority in the new nation.