- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
A tourist takes a photo in the Capitol Rotunda on Thursday, under the watchful gaze of John Trumbull’s “General George Washington Resigning His Commission.” The painting depicts the scene in the Maryland State House in Annapolis on Dec. 23, 1783, when Washington resigned his commission as commander in chief of the Continental Army, a crucial moment in establishing civilian authority in the new nation.