- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
The special election for California’s 36th district will be held July 12, California Gov. Jerry Brown announced Monday.
That sets the all-party primary to be held May 17, eight weeks before the general and nine weeks from Tuesday.
The crowded field has continued to grow since Feb. 7, when news first broke that Jane Harman would resign from her coastal California district seat to lead a Washington, D.C., think tank.
The district is strongly Democratic, and neither House campaign committee is expected to spend money there. Democratic frontrunners include Los Angeles City Councilwoman Janice Hahn and California Secretary of State Debra Bowen.
For more on the race, click here.
For more from our At the Races politics blog, click here.