- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
“I have received significant encouragement to run for this seat at both a local and national level,” Georgiou said in a statement, according to the Las Vegas Sun’s Jon Ralston.
Several other Democrats are looking at the race, including Rep. Shelley Berkley, Secretary of State Ross Miller, Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto and Treasurer Kate Marshall.
The latter three will all be in the middle of their terms next year and therefore able to keep their current offices if they lose.
On the Republican side, Rep. Dean Heller is expected to enter the race in the near future. A Republican source in Nevada told Roll Call: “People are already moving into position to take Heller’s seat. If he doesn’t move, a lot of people will be disappointed.”