- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
Republican businessman John Brunner has hired Jon Seaton to manage his campaign to take on Sen. Claire McCaskill (D) in Missouri.
Seaton, who most recently served as the national political director for former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty's White House bid, also worked for the presidential campaign of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and in the White House of President George W. Bush.
"Jon understands the importance of grass-roots organizing and has the skills and experience we were looking for in a manager who can lead our campaign to victory," Brunner said.
According to Missouri Republican strategists, the Brunner campaign has gotten off to a rocky start since he made his bid official at the beginning October.
Brunner faces Rep. Todd Akin (Mo.) and former state Treasurer Sarah Steelman in the GOP Senate primary.
Roll Call rates the Missouri Senate race as a Tossup.