- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
- Voting-Rights Advocates Get Win at Supreme Court
Republican businessman John Brunner has hired Jon Seaton to manage his campaign to take on Sen. Claire McCaskill (D) in Missouri.
Seaton, who most recently served as the national political director for former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty's White House bid, also worked for the presidential campaign of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and in the White House of President George W. Bush.
"Jon understands the importance of grass-roots organizing and has the skills and experience we were looking for in a manager who can lead our campaign to victory," Brunner said.
According to Missouri Republican strategists, the Brunner campaign has gotten off to a rocky start since he made his bid official at the beginning October.
Brunner faces Rep. Todd Akin (Mo.) and former state Treasurer Sarah Steelman in the GOP Senate primary.
Roll Call rates the Missouri Senate race as a Tossup.